Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Radio silence in Nepal - and upcoming party

Just a quick post to say Joel and I are flying to Nepal in a few hours. From Katmandu we will immediatly take a 6 hour bus ride to a remote village. We will be there until the night of Oct 19th providing some strategic advice to the director of a sustainable agriculture project. On the morning of Oct 20th we have booked a flight over the Hymalayas on Buddha air...a 45 minute flight to Mt. Everest...a must see Ihear. The we fly back to India and will spend the night in Chennai at a resort on the ocean. The the next night we fly (overnight) to Bangkok. From there will will take a bus and ferry to a small island where we willlay onthe beach for 7 days...am looking forward to the fresh sea air and some water!

While in Nepal we will not have access to email and phone.

Stephane has rented a room with a suite at the Grand Pacific Hotel in downtown Victoria so that I can have a little party to celebrate my convocation. Kelvin's sis is going to put together a little food, and we will have some wine too. I want to invite anyone and everyone to come along and celebrate with me my convocation. The past 2 yeas has been challenging, but I am so happy I did it, and am very proud.

I was only given 4 tickets to my graduation ceremony, so I did not origionally plan a get together...I just did not think anyone would want to come...but I will throw it out there for you all...if you want to come to Victoria and help us celebrate, please come by anytime between 6-10pm Friday Nov 2.

We love you all and are looking forward to seeing as many people as we can.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Corrie, We are all very proud of you too, but unfortunately the timing is poor for me as I am flying to Nanaimo for a course at the end of the Nov and will also be away from the 3 to the 7th. Tammy

Bruce said...

Hi Corrie; We will be with you in heart & spirit on Nov.2nd. We changed plans based on what you told us before leaving...(The school dictating your numbers to the ceremony) We are both proud of your accomplishments and would love to partake in your party, but we did not book flight & accomodations after talking with you ....Love Pops